Horticultural or Gardening Therapy can have a major impact on your wellbeing. It can boost both mental and physical health and is a great way of meeting new people in a friendly environment. Our horticultural therapy sessions are suitable for all levels of abilities and ages.
Horticultural therapy can…
- Increase your level of fitness and burn more calories
- Reduce physical pain, and help with rehabilitation or recovery from surgery
- Help you cope with challenging circumstances, such as intensive cancer treatment or help you learn how to live with chronic conditions such as asthma or severe allergies.
- Reduce your levels of stress and associated depression
- Improve your alertness, cognitive abilities and social skills.
- Improve your confidence and self esteem
- Enhance and balance your mood, giving a sense of belonging and achievement.
We encourage people to work, help and chat together, sharing experience and learning as you go. It’s a fun and friendly environment and you’ll learn gardening skills that will stay with you for life.