Our Conservation Workout sessions involved getting stuck in to do practical tasks to improve the environment, boosting wellbeing at the same time.
All sessions were run by an experienced leader who provided training in practical skills. Activities ranged from gentle to strenuous, but individuals were able to work at their own level. Each session started with gentle warm up exercises and finished with a warm down.
At every session there was a tea break with hot drinks provided, giving participants the chance to have a chat and get to know other people. All tools and equipment were provided and no previous experience was needed.
These sessions improved physical and mental wellbeing, providing:
- A chance to meet new people
- A great way to make positive changes to health in an outdoor environment
- Opportunities to gain confidence, learn new skills and improve self esteem
- Time to de-stress and enjoy working outdoors
- Practical activities to improve fitness
News about our Conservation Workouts: